- 2003 F. Anstey - Humor and Fantasy
- I wouldn't have trusted dear old Monty to break the death of a bluebottle without managing to foozle it somehow.
- 1838 Denis Ignatius Moriarty - The Wife Hunter
- There is an old foozle of a lord, the earl of Ballyduff, who lives in London, and who is determined on nominating to his vacant borough
- 1970 Stacy Aumonier - Odd Fish
- Even poor Mr. Lloyd George cannot go out of his front door, or make a foozle on the ninth green, without being snapshotted, sketched, and probably filmed.
- OED 2nd edition 1989
bad job, bevue, bitch up, bloomer, blooper, blow, blunder, bobble, boggle, bollix, bonehead play, boner, boo-boo, boob stunt, boot, botch, bungle, clumsy performance, drop a brick, drop the ball, duff, dumb trick, err, error, etourderie, fiasco, flub, fluff, flunk, fool mistake, foul up, foul-up, fumble, gaucherie, goof, gum up, hash, howler, louse up, louse-up, mess, miscue, miss, miss the mark, mistake, muck up, muck-up, muddle, muff, off day, pratfall, pull a boner, sad work, screamer, screw up, screw-up, slip, slip up, stumble, trip, washout